A Detailed Guide To Migrate ECommerce Store From Magento to Shopify
When it comes to building an online business, there are a lot of ecommerce platforms from which you can choose based on the size and needs of your business. All you have to do is consult with a expert shopify developer about what you need, and they will help you find the best platform for your needs.
However, with several platforms available like Magento, Shopify, and many more, choosing the best is a must. It is seen Magento is at the top of the business list because of its features and benefits that are hard to imagine. Magento’s great add-ons and apps have helped millions of online stores increase their traffic and sales by massive amounts.
But recently, e-commerce businesses are switching from Magento to Shopify for the right reasons. Shopify has become one of the best ecommerce platforms because it is easy to use and has some great, flexible features and functions.
If you already have an online store on the Magento platform and want to migrate it to Shopify, this post is for you.
However, migrating from one platform to another is not an easy task. It’s like moving all your stuff from one house to another. So, we need to make a plan ahead of time and stick to it the whole time or consult expert shopify developer. If you don’t know, hire Shopify developers for the best help to make the migration process simple and easy.
Keep reading to know about migration from Magento to Shopify without issues.
Step – By Step Guide to Migrate Magento Store to Shopify
STEP 1: Build your Shopify store
The first thing you need to do with your new Shopify store is set up.
When making a Shopify store, you must choose a theme you like. Choose a theme that fits your business the best.
Customization is also essential, but Shopify development company says it should be done after the migration. It will help you stay away from some dangers.
STEP 2: Make a copy of your Magento website
Migration from Magento to Shopify is a tricky process. It could lead to several bad things. So, your data must be safe while you are moving it.
To ensure your Magento data is safe, you must back it up.
Follow these steps to back up your data:
- First, you have to go to the Magento store’s admin panel and click on System.
- Now, in the Tools section, click the Backups button.
- It will show different backups, such as system backup, database and media backup, and database backup.
- You can choose whatever kind of backup you want.
- Once you’ve selected the type of backup, click the OK button, and you are done.
STEP 3: Download an application to import
You can find several import apps in the Shopify app store. But for your migration project, when you hire Shopify developers, we suggest using the Store Importer app, which is the best for migrating from Magento to Shopify.
This app is easy to use and does its primary job very well. Go to the Shopify store’s Admin panel, look for the Store Importer app, and download it.
Step 4: Get the information out of your Magento store
Once you’ve downloaded the app for import, it’s time to export data from your Magento store. To get your data out of Magento, follow these steps:
- Sign in to your store on Magento.
- Go to the panel for admins.
- Go to System, then Data Transfer, then Export.
- There are three entities: Products, Customer Addresses, and Customers’ Main File. You have to pick one of them.
- Now, you need to choose the Export File Format you want to use. Here, you can choose between two file formats: CSV and XML.
- Check the Fields Enclosure box if you want to start an escape sequence in the data.
- Scroll down and click the button that says “Continue.”
STEP 5: Import Data to Shopify
Once you’ve exported the data from your Magento store, it’s time to import it into your Shopify store with expert shopify developer. All you have to do to finish the job is follow a few steps.
- Go to the Admin page of your Shopify store.
- Go to Apps, then Import Store.
- Here, you must choose “Other” as your platform. On the list, you won’t find Magento.
- Click “Add File” and find the files you just downloaded on your computer.
- To import all the files, click Continue Import and then Import.
If you have to bring in different products in your store, you need to do the following:
- Click on Products -All Products in Shopify Admin.
- Now, click on “Import.”
- Click “Add File” and add the Product CSV file from your computer.
- Click the button that says “Upload file.”
Follow the steps below if you want to import the Customers file separately:
- Go to Shopify Admin and then click on Customers-All Customers.
- Now you have to choose “Import.”
- You need to click the “Add File” button and add the “Customer CSV” file.
- Click the button that says “Upload file.”
Step 6: Review Imported Data
The next step is to look over all the imported data once the import process is done. It is essential to double-check all the information, so you don’t miss any small details.
During the review process, you will also face a lot of problems. You might find that some of the data you imported from Shopify has changed in small ways. In this case, you must check to see if any information is missing. If so, you have to add or change it manually or can hire Shopify developers for the same.
Step 7: Customize the Shopify store As Per Your Business Needs.
Now is the time to make changes. The ability to change things is one of the main reasons why ecommerce store owners like Shopify so much. Compared to Magento, it is easier to change said by expert shopify developer.
With customization, you can have an eye-catching website that pulls in customers in no time. To change the look of your Shopify store, you can choose from 10 free and 64 paid themes. Suit yourself.
Ready to Migrate?
That’s all there is to know about the migration from Magento to Shopify. Just follow these steps, and you’re done. You can hire a Shopify development company like us that offers these kinds of migration services to make the whole thing easy and quick.
We at Netzila Technologies are the top eCommerce development company having a pool of expert shopify developers and Magento experts. Whether you hire Magento experts or Shopify, we offer easy migration.
Feel free to connect with us!